Assorted blather and musings from my little piece of turf...

Monday, March 22, 2010

Risk Averse?

From Craigslist Personals:

"The absolutely wildest thing I have ever done was… "

Hold on, let me think about that.



Ummmmmmm...




I guess that would have to be having sex in a university art studio after class. The second most wild would be making out with the baddest boy at the party until sunrise. The third wildest? Speaking up at a city-wide union meeting.

Or maybe it was agreeing to go sailing just before the biggest storm of the season broke over the water. Or deliberately getting so bombed at my own birthday party that I would finally know what it was like to get vomitously (made up that word) drunk. Or maybe it was biking to work through rush-hour traffic for two years straight.

Le sigh.

Not especially wild after all, but then again, not bad for a girl who normally takes very calculated risks. It's not that I shy away from recklessness, it's just that I usually make sure most of the recklessness of the activity is eliminated, so that I don't get caught and have to explain myself to the dean of arts/hostess of the party/members of my union local/emergency room doctor.

And yet, my investment profile is considered "high-risk".

I guess it's clear where my priorities lie...

No comments: